Monday, September 08, 2003

It's been too damn long. Hate me, love me or maybe not even give a shit one way or the other. Doesn't matter. I'm back & full of piss & vinegar as my grandfather used to say. I've spent over a month dealing with the problems that arise having an elder parent who decided to do a legdrop off the top turnbuckle at home. In this case however, the top turnbuckle happened to be the landing three steps above the floor and the injuries sustained were a broken clavicle & a broken heel. And those weren't sustained by the opponent. Then while doing therapy, we discovered she had a cardiac arythmia which is leading to the installation of a pacemaker. So needless to say lately I've played more roles than the average WWE employee. But enough about my troubles. It's time to do what I used to do best: Start some shit. So let's begin, shall we.

Dover, Delaware or Dover, England. There may be 'bluebirds over the white cliffs of Dover" in England but evidently a "little bird" in Dover, Delaware decided to fly over and shit on the heads of John Zandig, the owner of Racks and the CZW fans collective heads. In case you haven't heard, the city of Dover is looking to ban, as they put it, contests with a pre-determined ending from appearing in their lovely little city. Seems someone dropped off a tape of last year's Death Match Tournament to the city officials. They of course where horrified at the great risk to the clean, wholesome citizens of Dover since we all know that next to masturbation watching a contest with a predetermined ending is the next best thing to make you go blind and grow hair on your palms. Amazingly, when asked about the WWE appearing in the city, we are told that is not a problem. The WWE knows how to present themselves 'appropriately'. I guess Vince changes his mind so much about the ending in his matches that the protectors of public safety have no fear of a WWE match being pre-determined. Or if it was pre-determined, could it be that the dollars brought in by a WWE event to the city of Dover's treasury could be used to fund a hospital for hairy handed blind people and that would make it alright? After all, John Zandig could only finance a small wing off the dollars he is bringing into the treasury. Seems a bit of a double standard here. Bottom line is that each and every person who walks into a CZW show at Racks knows what he is walking into and paid for the opportunity to do so. Once again , the air is full of political bullshit games as the little guy gets shit on & the large corporation gets an exemption. Perhaps the City of Dover officials need to examine their own palms cause it sure seems like somebody is getting jerked off around here. Just a thought.

Now lets talk about the upcoming show in Philly. Zandig vs Messiah in an 'unsanctioned' match. Seems some people are trying to say that Zandig is implying that he is going to use light tubes & barbed wire in Philly. I must not be reading deep enough cause I haven't seen him implying that anywhere. Unsanctioned means that the match has not been approved by the Athletic Comission. Now last I heard there were any number of reasons a match could be unsanctioned. Everything from a competitor not being medically approved to compete to a new type of match not yet approved for competition in Philly. Now if memory serves me right, one of the big boys a few years ago ran a whole pay per view called "Unsanctioned" and I don't remember them breaking any state laws to do so. It is my firm belief that Zandig will do everything in his power to put Messiah thru hell and whip the crowd into an absolute frenzy without jeopardizing the future of his promotion or the jobs of any State Athletic Comission representative. So show the hell up and see how far Zandig really goes. I don't believe you'll be disappointed.

Also while I'm on the subject of CZW, a quick congratulations to CZW for their affiliation with the Zero-One promotion. This cooperation between the two companies can only lead to a stronger mix of styles for both promotions. I believe that John Zandig learned a lot thru his previous Japan affiliation and some of the mistakes that were made there will not be repeated again. It is my firm belief that you will never see a CZW show suffer in quality because too many key workers are in Japan again. I believe this relationship will be more give and take than the previous one. I could be wrong but I don't think so. So sit back and enjoy.

Well I've ranted enough for tonite and probably pissed off a few people in the process, so I'll call it an end for now. I'll be back next week with my views on Saturday's match. I'll also see who else I can piss off. It's a new world and a new attitude for The Bloodhound. Anger. It does a writer good. Till next week, this is The Bloodhound howlin' & prowlin'.